Monday, June 11, 2012

Web 2.0 Assignment


CONCEPT MAP FOR SOLAR SYSTEM UNIT

Link 1: LINDSEY L'S GLOG!
For my Web 2.0 assignment, I had to use glogster.com to create a page for my unit on the Solar System. While I had lots of fun creating it, tI had some difficulties. First, it was very difficult to select graphics and notes once I added them to my glog page. I had to select them just right or it wouldn't select them, or it would group a bunch of them together and move them all has a whole. Everytime I underlined a word or phrase, it would mesh the words before and after together. It took me 4 times to correct this by continuously saving and renaming it. Also glogster.com would not let me copy and paste my URL to link a website. I found typing in the URLs to be time consuming. On a more positive note, I liked how glogster gave me access to images from Google which is where I got the background for my glog. Also, they offered a lot cool graphics and note templates! It was easy to select them and add them to the page. I also liked how easy it was to post videos on the glog. Glogster.com let me search for video using YouTube and then it would allow me to play the video before I selected it. This made the process of finding videos a lot easier. I will definitely use glogster.com in the future because it is a wonderful resource to have. I learned a lot from creating this one so hopefully it will not take me so long next time.

Link 2: LINDSEY L'S ANIMOTO VIDEO
The second tool I used for my unit was animoto.com. Animoto was a lot easier for me to use than gloster.com was. The only thing I did not like about animoto was that it would not allow me to put text and pictures together on one slide. I tried to add text to label the pictures, but it took the text and added it on a separate slide. It did not offer different color text either. I decided to create each slide on a PPT document so I could add colorful text and backgrounds. After I saved each  slide as a JPEG,  I was able to easily upload them in animoto as one image. I had lots of funs creating this image video.

Link 3 and 4: LINDSEY L'S GAME 1 and LINDSEY L'S GAME 2
I chose to use classroom tools.com to create games for my unit. I enjoyed using this website. It offered a lot of resources for free. I can only imagine the extra stuff they offer for those that become premium members. This was very easy for me to use. It was fun to create games my students would play and then play them myself. It was easy to save my games that I created. I found a lot of teacher resources that I can use in my classroom as well like the countdown timer and random name selection tool. I would highly recommend this site for classroom teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment